Tiger Claw TC-3S for Composites - Bucket of 900 - With Screws and 4 Installation Block Tools has been developed specifically for use with composite or synthetic decking materials and some medium density hardwoods.
The TC-3 will work with composite and synthetic decking lumber varieties such as Boardwalk, ChoiceDek, Elements, EverGrain, EverX, Fiberon, GeoDeck, Green Tree (2x4 hollow), LakeShore, Latitude, Monarch, Nexwood, Portico, ProCell, TimberTech (5/4 planking), Trex, UltraDeck, Veka, Veranda, Weather Best, and WeatherShield.
TC-3 will work with medium density hardwood decking lumber varieties such as Cambara and Meranti.
We do not recommend our fasteners for Correct Deck, TimberTech 2"x6" hollow plank, and Oasis. Unfortunately, due to the design of the materials, installation testing results showed difficulty and require additional skill. Please consult your composite manufacturer or ask us first if you plan to use any other composite or synthetic material not listed above in your decking project.
- TC-3s specifically designed to use with composite, PVC, or mahogany decking
- Made of 304 stainless steel; Approved for saltwater applications and ACQ or chemically treated lumber
- Simple three-step installation process results in a safe, secure, fastener-free decking surface
- Fasteners are designed to allow decking to expand and contract naturally by sliding on the fastener prongs and still maintain hold down strength. From the point of installation, the TC-3S Fastener can handle expansion up to 1/8" and contraction up to 3/16
- Tiger Claw Hidden Fastener Installation
- How To Replace a Damaged Board
- Working Around Posts
|Manufacturer Part Number||F-4408-3SCB|
|Appearance||Semi gloss black finish, rectangular body with horizontally oblong shaped hole along lower bend. Two sets of large opposing prongs on top. 3/16" spacing flanges on inner prongs.|
|Coverage||A fastener is needed at every intersection of a joist and decking board. When using 5.5" decking with 16" on center joists: Square footage x 1.75 = # Fasteners|
|Coverage - Square Feet||Bucket of 900 Covers 500 sq. ft. at 16" OC, 350 sq. ft. at 12" OC, 700 sq. ft. at 24" OC|
|Dimensions||.5" h x 2" w x 1" d|
|Finish||Black oxide with sealer topcoat|
|Gapping||TC-3S will automatically create a gap between each decking board slightly greater than 3/16". With the use of spacers or shims, TC-3S can support gapping up to 5/16".|
|Material||.060 304 Â¼ roll hardened stainless steel (Semi-magnetic); Yield strength 64.5 kpsi; Tensile strength 145.7 kpsi|
|Recommended Screw Used||Quality Stainless steel # 8 x 2" bugle head decking screw included in each box and project pail.|
|Workability||All work can be done quickly from above using basic tools (hammer, screw gun, 1/8" drill bit, sledge hammer)|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|