Tiger Claw TC-1S for Softwood Clip system is designed to hide fasteners in softwood decking boards, including pressure treated, cedar and redwood decking. The TC-1S is made of hardened carbon steel material for outstanding corrosion resistance. Tiger Claw TC-1S are approved for use in ACQ and chemically treated lumber for long-term performance. The clips can handle up to a 1/4 inch of contraction.
* TC-1 will work in the following decking lumber varieties:
Atlantic White Cedar, Cedar, Coast Fir, Douglas Fir, Eastern Spruce, Eastern White Cedar, Port Orford Cedar, Pressure Treated Lumber, Southern Yellow Pine, Western Red Cedar, Western Redwood, and Yellow Cedar.
Not compatible with Cypress. Please consult your lumber professional or ask us for recommendations first if you plan to use any of the following uncommon woods in your decking project.
Tiger Claw TC-1S should not be used with: Composite Decking (See TC-3S), Ironwoods or Mahogany (See TC-4S), Cellular PVC Decking, Pre-Grooved Trex (See Trex Hideaway), Pre-Grooved TimberTech (See TimberTech CONCEALoc), or Pre-Grooved Decking (See TC-G or TC-120).
- Creates a fastener-free decking surface
- Simple three-step installation process
- TC-1S reduces wood splitting, wood rot, and board cupping
- Includes a 15 year warranty
- Fasteners are designed to allow wood decking to expand and contract naturally by sliding on the fastener prongs and still maintain hold down strength. From the original point of installation TC-1S can handle up to 1/4" of contraction.
- Tiger Claw Hidden Fastener Installation
- How To Replace a Damaged Board
- Working Around Posts
- TC-1s Hidden Fastener for Softwood Decking
|Manufacturer Part Number||F-0001-TC1X|
|Appearance||Semi gloss black finish, rectangular body with circle top V shaped hole in center. Two sets of large opposing prongs on top, one set of small prongs extending from bottom of body.|
|Coverage||A fastener is needed at every intersection of a joist and decking board. When using 5.5" decking with 16" on center joists: Square footage x 1.75 = # Fasteners|
|Coverage - Square Feet||90 count box covers 50 sq. ft. at 16" OC, 35 sq. ft. at 12" OC, 70 sq. ft. at 24" OC|
|Dimensions||.663" h x 1.67" w x 1.25" d|
|Finish||Magni 599 with black sealer topcoat|
|Gapping||Boards should be installed tight together and allowed to "shrink gap" over time.|
|Material||.060 1010 cold drawn steel (Magnetic); Yield strength 44.2 kpsi; Tensile strength 52.9 kpsi|
|Recommended Screw Used||Quality stainless steel #8 x 2" square drive bugle head decking screw. Screws and square drive bit included in every box.|
|Workability||All work can be done quickly from above using basic tools (hammer, screw gun, sledge hammerâ€¦)|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|
|Qty||Price (per unit)|
|1 - 10||$36.85|
|11 - 20||$34.95|