Hideaway Steel Fasteners with Screws - Box of 90
- Exclusively for use with Trex decking
- ***NOT compatible with Tiger Claw install gun***
- Quick and easy installation
- Provides a clean, fastener-free appearance across the entire surface
- Stainless Steel for superior durability
- Includes: (90) universal fasteners, (90) 1-5/8" stainless steel screws, (1) square head bit, and complete instructions
- Trex Hideaway Steel fasteners are not compatible with Trex Select Decking. TigerClaw TC-G fasteners will work with Select decking
- Trex Hideaway fasteners will provide proper 1/4" gapping when installed correctly
- Trex Hideaway is designed to maintain consistent spacing as deck boards expand and contract. From the point of installation, the Trex Hideaway can handle board expansion up to 1/8" and contraction up to 3/16"
Trex Hideaway is the black, stainless steel fastener exclusively designed for the grooved Trex boards. Trex has developed a proprietary system that delivers a fast and easy installation process that allows for a clean, superior, fastener-free deck surface.
A Groove Cutter is available for use on non-grooved boards that allows for a groove to be routed that accommodates Trex Hideaway Hidden Fasteners. The use of other hidden fastener systems with Trex grooved boards may damage the board or result in the boards not being adequately fastened to the joist system.
|Manufacturer Part Number||F-5388-TXRB|
|Appearance||Semi gloss black finish, rectangular body with a screw hole in the bend of the bottom flange. Two large off set opposing tabs on top, one tab with small points and the other with an arched top and a rolled edge, one spacer tab on side of fastener body.|
|Compatible Materials||Compatible with Trex Transcend, Trex Enhance, Trex Accent and Trex Escape|
|Coverage||A fastener is needed at every intersection of a joist and decking board. When using 5.5" decking with 16" on center joists: Square footage x 1.75 = # Fasteners|
|Coverage - Square Feet||50|
|Dimensions||0.54" h x 1.1" w x .78" d|
|Driver Bit Included||Yes|
|Finish||Black oxide with sealer topcoat|
|Gapping||Trex Hideaway Fastener will automatically create a 1/4" space between each board.|
|Head Diameter - Inches||.1875|
|Material||.060 thick, 201 annealed stainless steel (Non-magnetic) Yield strength 75 kpsi Tensile strength 125 kpsi|
|Recommended Materials||Designed for use with grooved 5/4 x 6 Trex decking or solid edge decking grooved with the Trex groove router bit.|
|Recommended Screw Used||Quality Stainless steel # 7 x 1 5/8" #1 finished head decking screw. Screws included in each box.|
|Screw Drive Type||Square|
|Workability||All work can be done quickly and easily from above using basic tools (screw gun)|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.