- Used to prepare hardwood for finishing, remove mill glaze and open the pores on the wood’s surface
- Ensures deep penetration of Penofin’s amazing natural oil finish
- Ideal for applications on decks, boats, furniture or any new hardwood material
- Easy to apply; Fast clean up
- 1 quart container of (4 cups) concentrated powder
- Makes 2 - 4 gallons of 1st Step Prep solution
- Coverage: 300 square feet per gallon of 1st Step Prep solution (600 - 1,200 sq. ft. total coverage per container)
Penofin First Step Prep for Hardwood is used to prepare hardwood for finishing, remove mill glaze and open the pores on the wood’s surface for better penetration. It is the ideal way to ensure deep penetration of Penofin’s amazing natural oil finish formulated for hardwood. 1st Step Prep allows Penofin to penetrate deeply into dense wood species for ultimate protection and beauty. This product is ideal for applications on decks, boats, furniture or any new hardwood material.
Pro-Tech First Step Prep comes in a 1 quart container of (4 cups) concentrated powder that is to be mixed with water to create the solution. This container can make 2 or 4 gallons of 1st Step Prep solution depending on the desired amount of water used. One gallon of 1st Step Prep solution covers roughly 300 square feet depending on surface type. If you use 2 cups of 1st Step Prep powder per gallon of water, then you will achieve 2 gallons of 1st Step Prep solution per container (about 600 sq. ft. total coverage from the gallon). The same results should be able to be achieved if you use 1 cup of 1st Step Prep powder per gallon of water. This ratio would allow you to achieve 4 applications of 300 sq ft, or 1200 total sq. ft. coverage from the container.
|Manufacturer Part Number||FSTEPQT|
|Application||Decks, Boats, Furniture, Any New Hardwood Material|
|Coverage (Square Feet)||1200|
|Made in the USA||Yes|
Weights and Dimensions
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.