Cortex Concealed Fastening System for TimberTech Decking is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing TimberTech decking boards. The FastenMaster Cortex box includes everything needed, including 224 screws, 300 plugs and 2 setting tools. FastenMaster recommends installing with an 18 volt cordless impact drill.
How many fasteners are needed? Horizontal trim boards less than 12" wide, use two Cortex fasteners at every framing member-rafter tail or wall stud. The screws should be 16" OC or closer. Vertical trim boards (i.e., next to a door or a window), use two Cortex fasteners every 16" OC or closer. If a trim board is 12" or wider, use three screws. Each trim board must be fastened within two inches of the end of each board.
Note: Predrilling is not required throughout the majority of the project. Predrilling is required when fastening within 1/2" of the end of a board and at mitered joints. Use a 3/16" drill bit for predrilled pilot holes.
- Cortex Concealed Fastening System for TimberTech Decking
- 100 linear feet of coverage
- Each box includes 224 screws, 300 plugs and 2 set screws
- Conceals fasteners for the entire deck, including first and last boards, perimeter and stairs
- Plugs are made from TimberTech deck boards, ensuring plugs match the decking
- Conceals the heads of deck screws
- Strong connection between deck boards and joists
|Compatible Materials||TimberTech Decking|
|Coverage - Linear Feet||100|
|Head Type||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Included Accessories||Includes 224 Screws, 300 Plugs and 2 Setting Tools|
|Length - Inches||2.5|
|Number of Plugs||300|
|Number of Screws||224|
|Recommended Spacing||16" OC or Closer|
|Screw Head Style||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|