Cortex for Koma Trim - 250 Linear Feet
Usually Ships Same/Next Business Day
Cortex Concealed Fastening System for Koma Trim is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing PVC trim Boards. Cortex is easy-to-use and includes everything needed including screws, plugs and setting tools. FastenMaster recommends installing with an 18 volt cordless impact drill. The Cortex for Trim Fastening System is designed for use with PVC Trim with actual thickness of 5/8" to 5/4".
How many fasteners are needed?
- Horizontal trim boards less than 12" wide, use two Cortex fasteners at every framing member â€“ rafter tail or wall stud. The screws should be 16" OC or closer.
- Vertical trim boards (i.e., next to a door or a window), use two Cortex fasteners every 16" OC or closer. If a trim board is 12" or wider, use three screws. Each trim board must be fastened within two inches of the end of each board. Note: Predrilling is not required throughout the majority of the project. Predrilling is required when fastening within 1/2" of the end of a board and at mitered joints. Use a 3/16" drill bit for predrilled pilot holes.
- Compatible with Koma Trim
- Box of 375 includes screws, plugs and setting tool
- Plugs are made from manufacturer OEM trim boards, ensuring plugs match the trim
- Trim fasteners conceal the heads of the fasteners when installing trim boards
- TORX(R) ttap(R) Drive System
|Compatible Materials||Koma Trim Board|
|Coverage - Linear Feet||250|
|Head Type||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Included Accessories||Includes Screws, Plugs and Setting Tool|
|Number of Plugs||400|
|Number of Screws||375|
|Recommended Spacing||16" OC or Closer|
|Screw Head Style||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|