Deckorators Aluminum Post Kit - 2.5"
- For Deckorators Classic or Contemporary rail systems
- Includes (1) 2.5" aluminum post welded to a 5" aluminum leveling post base, (1) one-piece aluminum post skirt, and (1) aluminum post cap
- Anchors directly to the deck structure
- Made of heavy gauge aluminum and powder coated with a thick finish
- Mounting hardware sold separately
- Post base features (4) 11/32” diameter mounting holes (hardware sold separately)
- Recommended fasteners: (4) 5/16” x 4” or longer stainless steel lag screws
- For 36" rail heights, use the 39" length for horizontal applications and the 49" length for stair applications
- For 42" rail heights, use 44" for horizontal applications
The Deckorators Aluminum Post Kit is for use with Classic and Contemporary Rail Systems. This kit includes a 2.5" aluminum post that's welded to a 5" aluminum leveling base plate, an aluminum post cap, and a one-piece aluminum post skirt. The base of the post anchors directly to the structure of the deck and has (4) 11/32"-diameter mounting holes to make installation simple (mounting hardware sold separately). For 36" rail heights, use the 39" length for horizontal applications and the 49" length for stair applications. For 42" rail heights, use 44" for horizontal applications.
The type of hardware or length of fastener depends upon the material of the deck or patio. Recommended fasteners for deck purposes are (4) 5/16" x 4" or longer stainless steel lag screws. When installing an aluminum post on top of a wood surface, screws must be lagged into at least 3” of solid wood (5/4” or 1-1/2” deck boards do not provide sufficient material for a safe installation). If necessary, add additional material to the underside of the surface.
|1-Piece Post Base|
|Post Welded to Leveling Post Base|
|Can Be Cut to Length||Yes|
|Compatible Fasteners||5/16" x 4" Lag Screws|
|Compatible Railing System||Deckorators Classic or Contemporary Railing|
|Does Not Include||Harware|
|Package Includes||(1) Post, (1) 5" Leveling Post Base, (1) Post Skirt, and (1) Post Cap|
Weights and Dimensions
|Post Size (Inches)||2.5|
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.