Hideaway Steel Fasteners with Screws - Box of 90
Trex Hideaway is the black, stainless steel fastener exclusively designed for the grooved Trex Brasilia(C) product line. Trex has partnered with Tiger Claw to develop a proprietary system that delivers a fast and easy installation process that allows for a clean, superior, fastener-free deck surface.
Trex Hideaway Hidden Fasteners are designed exclusively for use with Trex decking. The use of other hidden fastener systems with Trex grooved boards may damage the board or result in the boards not being adequately fastened to the joist system.
A Groove Cutter is available for use on non-grooved boards that allows for a groove to be routed that accommodates Trex Hideaway Hidden Fasteners. The Groove Cutter can be used on Trex Contours(R), Trex Origins(R), Trex Accents(R) and Trex Brasilia(R) deck boards.
- Exclusively for use with Trex decking
- Quick and easy installation
- Provides a clean, fastener-free appearance across the entire surface
- Stainless Steel for superior durability
- Compatible with Tiger Claw Installation Gun
- Trex Hideaway Steel fasteners are not compatible with Trex Select Decking. TigerClaw TC-G fasteners will work with Select decking
- Trex Hideaway fasteners will provide proper 1/4" gapping when installed correctly
- Trex Hideaway is designed to maintain consistent spacing as deck boards expand and contract. From the point of installation, the Trex Hideaway can handle board expansion up to 1/8" and contraction up to 3/16"
- Trex Composite Deck Ideas & Inspiration
|Manufacturer Part Number||F-5388-TXRB|
|Appearance||Semi gloss black finish, rectangular body with a screw hole in the bend of the bottom flange. Two large off set opposing tabs on top, one tab with small points and the other with an arched top and a rolled edge, one spacer tab on side of fastener body.|
|Compatible Materials||Compatible with Trex Transcend, Trex Enhance, Trex Accent and Trex Escape|
|Coverage||A fastener is needed at every intersection of a joist and decking board. When using 5.5" decking with 16" on center joists: Square footage x 1.75 = # Fasteners|
|Coverage - Square Feet||50|
|Dimensions||0.54" h x 1.1" w x .78" d|
|Finish||Black oxide with sealer topcoat|
|Gapping||Trex Hideaway Fastener will automatically create a 1/4" space between each board.|
|Material||.060 thick, 201 annealed stainless steel (Non-magnetic) Yield strength 75 kpsi Tensile strength 125 kpsi|
|Recommended Materials||Designed for use with grooved 5/4 x 6 Trex decking or solid edge decking grooved with the Trex groove router bit.|
|Recommended Screw Used||Quality Stainless steel # 7 x 1 5/8" #1 finished head decking screw. Screws included in each box.|
|Workability||All work can be done quickly and easily from above using basic tools (screw gun)|
|Ships to HI/AK||Yes|