The bad news: Water will find a way in, no matter how tightly walls are constructed. Wind-driven rain and pressure are experts at pushing moisture where it doesn't belong.
The good news: You can claim victory in this relentless battle against the forces of Nature!
Typar DrainableWrap is the ultimate defense against moisture accumulation in your customers' walls—and all the damp, moldy problems it can trigger. What sets it apart from other home wraps? Remarkable drainability.
Draining the Competition
Typar DrainableWrap is no ordinary house wrap.
As a Typar product, DrainableWrap is based on an already incredible material that leads in rugged, top-performing weather defense.
But then Typar went further and added a little something extra that makes a big difference: a layer of integrated, randomized polypropylene fibers. This layer creates a highly effective drainage gap that sheds excess moisture faster than conventional house wraps.
In fact, with a remarkable drainage efficiency of 94.8%, Typar DrainableWrap leaves standard house wraps in the dust. Soggy dust.
Why does efficient drainage matter?
That may be the question that literally no one's asking. We all know that water is the enemy of homes and other structures, always threatening to seep in and take up residence.
But since the nightmare of a water-damaged structure can't be overstated, here are a few reasons why drainability should be a top consideration when you want to prevent moisture from compromising the wall cavity—and your professional reputation:
- Protection from Water Infiltration: Wind-driven rain can force water through the tiniest gaps in your building's envelope.
- Prevention of Mold and Rot: Stagnant water trapped behind your building's walls can become a breeding ground for mold and a catalyst for rot. Efficient drainage is your best defense against these silent threats, ensuring a healthy and long-lasting structure.
- Cost Savings: Repairing water damage and addressing the consequences of inefficient drainage can be expensive.
Typar DrainableWrap provides a swift exit for water, stopping the threat to your walls, insulation, and interior spaces, and saving money in the long run by minimizing the risk of costly water-related repairs.
If your customers are concerned about drenching downpours, relentless rains, and the ravages of unchecked moisture, the choice is clear. You need the outstanding drainage of DrainableWrap.
More DrainableWrap Benefits
Typar DrainableWrap is packed with benefits. In addition to quick and efficient drainage, you can also count on this exceptional house wrap to deliver:
- Tear Strength: DrainableWrap boasts tear strength that’s 5x better than the competition for a tight hold when wind howls.
- Breathability: It's intelligently engineered to block moisture from the outside but allows it to escape safely from the inside for a balance of water holdout and breathability.
- Climate Control: Typar DrainableWrap is an ideal choice for buildings in regions that receive 20+ inches of rainfall per year. It's a reliable solution to combat the challenges of excessive moisture.
- Easy Installation: Whether it's upright, sideways, or upside-down, Typar DrainableWrap maintains its efficiency. That means hassle-free installations with no need to worry about wrap orientation.
- Code Compliance+: DrainableWrap goes above and beyond the minimum AC38 Code Requirements for Drainage Efficiency, as specified in ASTM E2273.
- Compatibility: It's compatible with a variety of cladding materials, including brick, stucco, and vinyl siding.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Install Typar DrainableWrap along with Typar flashings and construction tape for the complete Typar Weather Protection System and get covered by the only lifetime limited warranty in the industry.
The Smart Choice for Your Building Projects
When you choose Typar DrainableWrap, you're not just investing in a house wrap; you're investing in the longevity and resilience of your structures. Only DrainableWrap combines the industry-leading advantages of Typar's weather-beating material with the ability to shed excess water. And that makes it the smart choice for builders and contractors who want to provide their customers with the best in building performance.
Make DrainableWrap your first line of defense for structures that are secure, dry, and ready for whatever Mother Nature throws their way!