We've gathered the most commonly asked questions about Westbury Railing Systems. If your question isn't answered here, you may also contact us with any questions you may have.
Westbury Tuscany Rail Questions
What is Westbury Tuscany Railing made of?
Westbury Tuscany Railing is made of 6005 T6 aluminum alloy with a PVC rail insert for a baluster retainer. The railing is then finished with certified PCI 4000 A2 (AAMA 2604) architectural powder coating.
What lengths is Westbury Tuscany Railing available in?
There are 4 foot, 5 foot, 6 foot, 7 foot and 8 foot rail lengths available.
What colors is Westbury Tuscany Railing available in?
The Tuscany Aluminum Railing is available in Black Fine, Bronze Fine, White Fine, Gloss White and Speckled Walnut.
Is there rail for stairs available in the Tuscany Railing Series?
Yes, stair rails are available in the lengths are 6' and 8' with a 36" final rail height.
Westbury VertiCable Questions
What is Westbury VertiCable?
VertiCable is a contemporary cable deck railing system made of 1/8" 316 Stainless Steel Cable paired with 6005 T6 aluminum alloy balusters that have a certified PCI 4000 A2 (AAMA 2604) architectural powder coating. A Westbury VertiCable system provides a modern, architectural deck design with virtually unobstructed views.
Westbury Product Questions
Does Westbury Aluminum Railing have a warranty?
Yes, there is a Lifetime Limited Warranty against defects in workmanship and materials and that, in the course of normal and proper use, Westbury Aluminum Railing will not crack, peel, blister, flake, rust, nor be subject to abnormal weathering per AAMA 2604 Specifications.
Is the powder coating on Westbury Railing the same as other aluminum railings?
No, they are different. Depending on the the environment where the product will be used, powder coating can vary greatly. Westbury Aluminum Railing Systems use a Customer Blended Premium Pigmented Super Durable Polyester TGIC powder coating that meets the AAMA 2604 specification and a Fluorocarbon Polymer powder coating that meets the AAMA 2605 specification. This coating was designed for superior corrosion resistance outdoors and limits fading and weathering as specified by the AAMA.
Why use an aluminum deck railing vs. a steel railing?
Aluminum railings maintain their strength, while steel deck railings rust and lose strength over time. Westbury Aluminum Railing is also powder-coated to provide additional protection and durability.
Can I add a drink rail to Westbury Aluminum Railing?
Yes, you are able to easily attach a wood or composite deck board of you choice to the top of an aluminum Tuscany Railing System or VertiCable Railing System using a Tuscany Drink Rail Adapter Kit. If you wish to install the adapter on your Westbury Aluminum Railing, then you will need to use Tuscany Crossover Posts and Tuscany Corner Crossover Posts for your deck design. The crossover post system does not require post caps, which allows drink railing to run straight across the top of posts without interruption.
Westbury Maintenace Questions
How to clean Westbury Aluminum Railing:
- Mix a non-abrasive, pH neutral detergent and warm water together to create the cleaning solution.
- Apply solution using a soft white cloth, sponge or soft bristle brush.
- Wipe or scrub railing until clean.
- Thoroughly rinse off residue.
- If using a pressure washer, do not exceed 400 PSI.
*The cleaners 409, Spray Nine, Simple Green, Fantastik and Windex are all cleaners deemed acceptable by Westbury for use on aluminum railing. NEVER use thinners or solutions containing chlorinated hydrocarbons, esters or ketenes to clean your aluminum railing system.
How often should you clean Westbury Aluminum Railing?
How often you clean your aluminum deck railing will largely depend on the environment and location of you home. A simple regular clean is recommended to minimize the effects of weathering and removes dirt, grime and other build-up that may damage your railings appearance.Westbury requires the following cleaning schedule information for warranty claims:
- If aluminum railing is subject to salt water or other contaminant conditions, then cleaning should be carried out every 6 - 9 months. Be sure to document the cleaning date, cleaning method used, brand and amount of chemical used, invoice from cleaning company or receipt for the chemicals used, and the pressure washer brand, model and PSI setting.
PolyRail TRX Railing Questions
What is PolyRail TRX Railing?
PolyRail TRX Railing is a classic white vinyl deck railing that features an elegantly contoured t-top rail. It is a cost effective deck railing option that can easily be installed using an optional post kit and is virtually maintenance-free due to it’s vinyl design. TRX Vinyl railing is a strong and reliable system that has passed IBC code requirements, uses 4-way adjustable aluminum post mounts, and comes with a transferable lifetime limited warranty. Choose from the two simple, yet elegant baluster options of TRX Standard Square Balusters or TRX Decorative Turned Spindles. A PolyRail TRX Vinyl Railing System will transform an ordinary porch, deck, or patio into an extraordinary welcoming retreat.
What is PolyRail TRX Railing made of?
PolyRail TRX rails, post sleeves, foot blocks, balusters and decorative moldings are made of extruded Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) in the color white. Top and bottom rails consist of the same PVC construction, but also include 6063-T6 aluminum inserts for added strength.
What lengths is TRX Vinyl Railing available in?
TRX Railing is 36” tall and available in 6 foot or 8 foot rail lengths.
What colors is TRX railing available in?
TRX Railing is a classic White in color.
How to Install PolyRail TRX Vinyl Railing:
- Measure the distance between the two posts. Make sure there is equal spacing between the first baluster and both posts.
- Cut the bottom and top rail to length. Both should be the same for straight applications.
- Install the bottom rail support (if you have one) and slide hardware onto the bottom rail.
- Check local building codes to make sure your bottom rail meets height requirements.
- Center hardware on the post and attach. Insert side entry screws and install the covers on the brackets.
- Put balusters into the bottom rail and install the top rail over the balusters.
- Slide hardware onto the top rail, center it on the post and install using bracketry, screws, side-entry screws and the bracket cover.
- Place post caps on top of posts and secure using PVC cement.
*View the PolyRail TRX Installation Instructions (pdf) for more information.
How to clean PolyRail TRX Vinyl Railing:
- Mix mild soap or detergent and warm water together to create a cleaning solution or purchase any cleaning product that is recommended for vinyl.
- Apply the solution with a soft white cloth, sponge or soft bristle brush.
- Wipe or scrub railing until clean.
- Rinse cleaning residue off of railing.
Option 2: If wanting to use a spray cleaner, Digger Specialties recommends the product SuperClean by Castrol.
- Dilute the product with water.
- Spray onto railing.
- Let solution sit on railing for a short time.
- Rinse railing with water.
How to remove stain on TRX Vinyl Railing:
- Remove the stain using a lacquer thinner and rag.
- Apply lacquer thinner to rag.
- Wipe across the affected area..
*DO NOT pour lacquer thinner on or lay rag on vinyl.
How to remove tar from TRX Vinyl Railing:
- Use the product Goof-off, as recommended by Digger Specialties.
- Test product on material before use
- Apply as directed.
What is the warranty on PolyRail TRX railing?
TRX Vinyl Railing has a transferable limited lifetime warranty that warrants the original buyer or transferred owner that vinyl is free of defects in workmanship, materials won’t peel, blister, flake, rot, corrode, rust, receive termite damage, or be subject to abnormal weathering (per ASTM F-964 specifications) in the course of normal and proper use. The warranty is valid and in effect for the original buyer once material is installed and they have completed a warranty registration card that is sent to Digger Specialties, Inc., P.O. Box 241, Bremen, IN 46506. If real estate is sold, the warranty can be transferred and be in effect for the first new owner for a period of 20 years non-prorated. The first new owner must complete and mail a warranty registration card in 60 days to Digger Specialties, Inc., P.O. Box 241, Bremen, IN 46506 in order for the warranty to be valid.*The Transferable Lifetime Limited Warranty is for "living entities" only.