Titan Wood Post Anchor Kit
The Titan Galvanized Post Anchor Kit with Screws can assist in building a wood railing system on virtually any surface. It is a non-engineered post anchor solution for use on decks or surfaces less than 30" above ground. The post anchors help keep the 4x4 or 6x6 raised off the floor of the surface to deter the posts coming in contact with standing water which will keep the posts higher and drier for longer life. The galvanized steel is black powder coated over hot dip zinc to give a great look for a long time.
For best performance and ease of installation use with species ranging from cedar, spruce, redwood, pine, hem-fir with moisture content (m.c.) of 12%-20%. To comply with residential engineering guidelines, do not use any species with specific gravity (density) less than the lowest of the above recommended species. ACQ compatible. Hardwoods require a hole saw and forstner bit installation technique as the tube of the anchor can not be impaled into the wood easily.
- Fits 3.5" and 5.5" square wood posts
- Suitable for wood or composite decks, concrete, stairs, pergolas, pavilions, gazebos, etc...
- Max rail height 36", Max post spacing is 6 feet for 4x4 anchor, Max post spacing is 8 feet for 6x6 anchor.
- Works with composite post sleeves and skirts
- Posts are higher and drier for longer life
- Installs fast and easy
- The 8 deck screws included are for wood or composite surfaces. For concrete, please use either Tapcon or GRK concrete screws (sold separately).
- Need hole saw: 1-1/4" for 4x4, 1-3/4" for 6x6, Forstner bit for hardwood installations only
|Manufacturer||Titan Building Products|
|Base||5/8" H x 5" W x 5" L|
|Code Approval||IRC; For One and Two Family Residential Guard Rail Applications when Installed According to Install Directions and Conditions of Use|
|Compatible Materials||Use SPF Lumber for Posts and 2" Blocking Screwed Between Joists Below Each Post|
|Final Rail Height - Inches||36|
|Finish||Black Powder Coat over Hot Dip Zinc|
|Kit Includes||(4) 3/8" x 5 Hex Head Lag Screws, (6) #14x3 No 3 Square Drive Screws or 1/4x3" Hex Head Lag Screws|
|Material||Formed/Welded Sheet Steel|
|Recommended Spacing||Max Post Spacing for 4x4 is 6 ft, Max Post Spacing for 6x6 is 8 ft|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|