We've gathered the most commonly asked questions about TigerClaw Hidden Deck Fasteners. If your question isn't answered here, you may also contact us with any questions you may have.
What is the life expectancy of the TigerClaw fastener?
Tiger Claw hidden deck fasteners are premium high nickel stainless steel and will typically outlast the decking. Tiger Claw offers a 25-year warranty on all products.
How do TigerClaw fasteners compare to nails and screws as fasteners?
Compared to nails and screws, TigerClaw Hidden Deck Fasteners have the following advantages:
- Virtually invisible.
- Reduced potential for wood rot which typically begins around the screws and nails installed on the top surface of the deck.
- Eliminates splits on the ends of decking board which are caused by screws and nails.
- Reduced cupping because Tiger Claw fasteners secure the edge of decking boards to the joist.
- Decking board shrinkage is not restricted by vertical penetrating screws, so wood splitting is reduced greatly
- No damage is caused to the decking surface during installation.
- More surface area holding the decking down vs. screw or nail installation.
- Nail free surface is easier to maintain.
- The deck surface will not be stained by corrosion that may occur with nails or screws.
- Long term ownership costs are lower because of longer deck life
- Professional appearance shows off the beauty of your decking material.
- Elimination of nail or screw pops means your deck is safer.
What type of metal is used in the TigerClaw fastener?
Tiger Claw TC-G fasteners are made from 300 Series Heavy Gauge Stainless Steel . A black oxide coating reduces shine so fasteners hide between decking boards. Tiger Claw TC-3 fasteners are made from .060 304 roll hardened stainless steel. A black oxide coating reduces shine so fasteners hide between decking boards.
Is the TigerClaw TC-G Slot Cutter compatible with Trex Hideaway Fastener Start/Stop Clips?
No, it is not meant to work with the Trex Hideaway Fastener Start/Stop Clips. The TigerClaw Slot Cutter is designed to work with the TigerClaw TC-G for 1" or thicker decking.
Are TigerClaw fasteners visible?
All TigerClaw Hidden Deck Fasteners have a black coating that reduces shine so fasteners hide between decking boards, making them virtually invisible.
Can you use a nail gun for composite decking?
Yes, the TigerClaw Gun for TC-G fasteners is compatible with Trex Hideaway, Azek, and TimberTech Concealoc. Learn more about the TigerClaw Install Gun for composite decking and how to save time on your decking installation.