TC-2S for Softwood - Box of 90 - With Screws and Installation Block Tool
Usually Ships Same/Next Business Day
TC-2 is made of 304 grade stainless steel and is ideal for soft and medium density woods*, 5/4" to 2" in harsh or coastal environments. The simple three-step installation process results in a safe, secure, fastener-free decking surface. The clip creates a consistent gap by attaching flush to the decking, allowing boards to dry and shrink naturally.
* TC-2 will work in the following decking lumber varieties:
Atlantic White Cedar, Cedar, Coast Fir, Douglas Fir, Eastern Spruce, Eastern White Cedar, Port Orford Cedar, Southern Yellow Pine, Western Red Cedar, Western Redwood, Yellow Cedar.
Not compatible with Cypress. Please consult your lumber professional or ask us for recommendations first if you plan to use any of the following uncommon woods in your decking project.
- Stainless Steel Clips made of 304 grade stainless
- Approved for use in saltwater applications and ACQ or chemically treated lumber
- Simple three-step installation process for safe, secure, fastener-free decking surface
- Fasteners are designed to allow wood decking to expand and contract naturally by sliding on the fastener prongs and still maintain hold down strength. From the original point of installation TC-2S can handle up the ¼ inch of contraction.
|Manufacturer Part Number||F-4387-2SRB|
|Appearance||Semi gloss black finish, rectangular body with circle top V shaped hole in center. Two sets of large opposing prongs on top, one set of small prongs extending from bottom of body.|
|Coverage||A fastener is needed at every intersection of a joist and decking board. When using 5.5" decking with 16" on center joists: Square footage x 1.75 = # Fasteners|
|Coverage - Square Feet||90 count box covers 50 sq. ft. at 16" OC, 35 sq. ft. at 12" OC, 70 sq. ft. at 24" OC|
|Dimensions||.663" h x 1.67" w x 1.25" d|
|Finish||Black oxide with sealer topcoat|
|Gapping||Boards should be installed tight together and allowed to "shrink gap" over time.|
|Material||.060 304-2B annealed stainless steel (Non-magnetic) ; Yield strength 45.5 kpsi ; Tensile strength 101.7 kpsi|
|Recommended Screw Used||Quality stainless steel #8 x 2" square drive bugle head decking screw. Screws and square drive bit included in every box and bucket.|
|Workability||All work can be done quickly from above using basic tools (hammer, screw gun, sledge hammer)|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|