The Starborn Fasteners for Deck and Trim Pro Plug System is a superior and easy-to-install plug fastening system. The epoxy coated or stainless steel fasteners combined with your choice of plugs to match your deck or trim (sold separately) gives builders a wide variety of applications.
The system features the PVC Tool (which drives screws to the correct depth without stripping the screw recess or damaging the deck board surface), star drive fasteners in both epoxy coated carbon steel and stainless steel (Grade 305 and Marine Grade 316), and plugs made from actual deck and trim material. When using the PVC Tool, the fasteners create a perfect hole for the matching plug, without pre-drilling.
Pre-drilling is recommended for dense materials such as Fiberon and TimberTech decking. Install using a 18V (or higher) standard drill with the Pro Plug PVC Tool and Smart Bit Depth Setter. Drive the screw at high speed without hesitating or slowing down until the AutoStop mechanism engages. Impact drivers are not recommended.
- Includes (375) screws
- Star drive; Extra deep recess reduces cam-out
- All fasteners are ACQ approved
- When used with the PVC Tool, the fasteners create a perfect hole for the matching plug, without pre-drilling. (Sold separately)
- Due to the density of Fiberon and Timbertech decking, the boards require a pre-drilled pilot hole prior to screw & plug installation
- Note: Use 18V (or higher) Standard drills for use with the Pro Plug PVC Tool and Smart Bit Depth Setter. Impact drivers are not recommended.
- Starborn Pro Plug System for PVC and Composite Decks and Trim
|Sub Brand||Pro Plug|
|Compatible Materials||PVC Decking and PVC Trim Plugs with PVC/Composite Tool|
|Coverage||100 sq ft of decking or 250 lin ft trim|
|Number of Screws||375|
|Recommended Use||For PVC Decking. Approved for use with ACQ Treated Lumber|
|Screw Drive Type||Star|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|