Messmer's Wood and Deck Cleaner and Brightener are bundled in a convenient package to offer both maintenance products together in one purchase. The cleaner is a detergent that removes dirt and dust from the wood's surface and prepares the surface for the brightener. The brightener removes tannin stains from woods prone to extractive bleeding, such as cedar and redwood. Tannins occur naturally in some woods and often appear as a dark discoloration after the wood is exposed to moisture.
Mix the concentrates with water as per the label instructions, then apply with a garden sprayer or mop. After about five minutes, use a push broom or brush to scrub the wood surface. After allowing the product to work for twenty minutes, rinse with clean water. Each of the Messmer's Wood and Deck Cleaner (Part A) and Brightener (Part B) will clean up to 500 square feet of wood surface per 16 oz jar. One container makes up to five gallons of cleaning or brightening solution. Tough jobs may require multiple applications and/or a stronger mix, so coverage may be lower.
- 16 oz Wood Cleaner and 16 oz Brightener
- Cleaner and Brightener are concentrates that makes up to 5 gallons each and covers approximately 500 sq ft each.
- Cleaner is a detergent that removes dirt and dust from the wood's surface
- Brightener removes tannin stains from woods prone to extractive bleeding, such as cedar and redwood.
- Biodegradable, safe and easy to use
- Excellent for deck maintenance
- Use before staining wood
- Maximum strength concentrated powder