DuPont Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen is a solution for helping contractors and homeowners build or enjoy high-performance walls made of the most popular claddings and designs. It's a (patent-pending) three-dimensional honeycomb-textured drainage mat with an attached heavy-duty filter fabric that creates a space for water drainage and air movement for drying behind cladding. This provides assurance that water will drain out of the wall.
Benefits & Features
- Prolongs the life of exterior cladding. Its unique design creates an air gap that promotes moisture movement and ventilation behind wall cladding, which prevents rot, cracking, and peeling problems.
- Ideal for installation behind stucco, stone veneer, brick, wood, fiber cement, metal panels, cedar shakes, and shingles.
- Provides the middle layer required between stucco and stone, replacing one layer of weather-resistant barrier (WRB).
- Has an attached heavy-duty filter fabric that prevents mortar and stucco infiltration.
- Easy to cut and install using 1/2″ staples and nails. Tyvek Rainscreen lays flat and rolls tight against corners to offer an efficient product for contractors that prevents installation errors.
- Creates a perfectly flat surface for various claddings that is very breathable
- Features a 3" flap of filter fabric that provides an overlap of the lower courses and can double as an insect screen.
- Mold and mildew resistant
Tyvek DrainVent is part of the complete DuPont Tyvek product portfolio that guarantees trusted quality and durability. It grants contractors and homeowners peace of mind by providing a 10-year limited warranty when installed correctly with DuPont Tyvek system products.
Shop Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen, as well as a large collection of other DuPont products at DIY Home Center.