- For 36" rail height
- Newel Passthrough is designed for level to stair railing transitions where cables continue through
- Newel termination posts designed for level to stair railing transitions that have a right 90 degree turn to the left or right respectively
- Kit includes post, flat post cap, screws, and screw caps (cable sold separately)
- Feeney recommends a vertical member, either post or intermediate picket, spaced no further than 3' OC
- Field trimmable (use pipe cutter designed for stainless steel)
- Isolation bushings (sold separately) are recommended when installing in a harsh environment, such as near salt water
Feeney DesignRail Newel Post Kits are a pre-drilled post for 1/8" CableRail Kits (sold separately) designed for level to stair railing transitions. These Newel posts are available in a passthrough or newel termination. For the Passthrough post, the cable would continue in a straight run transitioning from a level to stair railing. For the Newel Termination post, it is designed to have a right 90 degree turn to the left or right respectively. When looking at the post with the cable termination side of the level run, if the stairs continue to the left of the post, you will need Newel Termination Post Kit (Left). If you are looking at the end caps of the level run and the stairs continue to the right, you will need Newel Termination Post Kit (Right). Separate CableRail Kits will be needed for the level and stair railings.
Use Quick-Connect fittings in level holes and Threaded Terminal fittings in angled holes. DesignRail Newel Posts are pre-drilled for both fittings, included in Feeney's standard CableRail Kits (sold separately).
To complete the railing, use the Quick-Connect Stair Post Kit (for the bottom stair post), a Stair Rail Kit (for top and bottom rail, stair intermediate picket and hardware), a Threaded Terminal Post Kit (for the other end of the level railing) and a Level Rail Kit (for top and bottom rail, level intermediate picket and hardware). Separate CableRail Kits will be needed for the level and stair railings.
|Can Be Cut to Length||Yes|
|Code Approval||2604 AAMA|
|Compatible Railing System||Feeney DesignRail|
|Final Rail Height - Inches||36|
|Kit Includes||(1) Post, (1) Flat Post Cap, (2) Cap Set Screws, (4) Mounting Screws, (4) Washers, and (4) Screw Caps|
|Recommended Materials||Intermediate Picket (included in the DesignRail Railing Kits) at least every 3' to reduce cable deflection|
|Recommended Spacing||Space Posts No More than 6' Apart (Center to Center)|
|Warranty||10 Year Limited|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.