- Transfer lateral forces on exterior deck when attached to the wood frame of a structure
- Fasteners can be attached first then add the plate
- Longer fastener gives the 3" of threading within the sill plate without having to access interior of home
- Approved for the most common installation conditions
- The Lateral Tension System is approved for the five most common installation conditions:
- Condition A: Sill Plate or Wall Plate Behind Ledger
- Condition B: Sill Plate or Wall Plate Directly Below Ledger
- Condition C: Sill Plate or Wall Plate 2” – 5” below Ledger
- Condition D: Wall Stud in line with Deck Joist
- Condition E: Wall Stud between Deck Joists
The FastenMaster Lateral Tension System (LTS) is a complete system designed to transfer the lateral forces on an exterior deck when attached to the wood frame of a structure. The Lateral Tension System is approved for the five most common installation conditions.: the sill plate or wall plate behind ledger, sill plate or wall plate directly below ledger, sill plate or wall plate 2"-5" below ledger, wall stud in line with deck joist, and when the wall stud is between deck joists. With the LTS, you can install the fastener first and then add the plate. The long fastener allows you to achieve the 3” of threading within the sill plate without having to access the interior of the house. You can achieve the code compliant connection in seconds.
The International Residential Code (IRC) requires that decks be designed to withstand both vertical and lateral loads. This 2015 code allows for tension ties to be attached to the deck joist then fastened directly to an interior sill plate, wall plate or stud – all from the outside. Per code, these lateral connections must be designed to resist 750 pounds in tension and installed in four locations along the length of the ledger: one within 2' of each end of the ledger with two more evenly spaced between.
|Manufacturer Part Number||FMLTS-4|
|Driver Bit Included||Yes|
|Package Includes||(4) Lateral brackets, (4) Transfer Screws, (32) Mounting Bracket Screws, (2) Driver Bits|
|Screw Drive Type||Hex|
Weights and Dimensions
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.