FastenMaster Cortex for Trex Decking - 100 Linear Feet
- 100 linear feet of coverage
- Each box includes 224 screws, 300 plugs and 2 setting tools
- Conceals fasteners for the entire deck, including first and last boards, breaker boards, perimeter and stairs
- Plugs are made Trex deck boards, ensuring plugs match the decking
- No pre-drilling needed
- Strong connection between deck boards and joists
- Galvanized screws ACQ approved; corrosion resistant
- New thread design reduces installation torque and dramatically increases fastener strength
- Screw length of 2.5"
- Plug dimensions of .25" in diameter and .3" deep
Cortex Concealed Fastening System for Trex Decking is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing Trex decking boards. The FastenMaster Cortex box includes everything needed, including 224 screws, 300 plugs and 2 setting tools. FastenMaster recommends installing with an 18 volt cordless impact drill.
How many fasteners are needed? Horizontal trim boards less than 12" wide, use two Cortex fasteners at every framing member - rafter tail or wall stud. The screws should be 16" OC or closer. Vertical trim boards (i.e., next to a door or a window), use two Cortex fasteners every 16" OC or closer. If a trim board is 12" or wider, use three screws. Each trim board must be fastened within two inches of the end of each board.
Note: Predrilling is not required throughout the majority of the project. Predrilling is required when fastening within 1/2" of the end of a board and at mitered joints. Use a 3/16" drill bit for predrilled pilot holes.
|Compatible Materials||Trex Decking|
|Coverage (Linear Feet)||100|
|Installation Tools Required||Drill with a 1/2” Chuck either Corded or Battery Powered of at Least 18 Volts|
|Material||Carbon Steel Screws / Trex Deck Board Plugs|
|Number of Plugs||300|
|Number of Screws||224|
|Package Includes||(224) Screws, (300) Plugs, (2) Setting Tools|
|Recommended Spacing||16" OC or Closer|
|Recommended Use||Hidden Deck Fastening|
|Screw Drive Type||TORX ttap|
|Threads Per Inch||12|
Weights and Dimensions
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.