Collated Cortex for Trex Decking - 100 Linear Feet
FastenMaster Collated Cortex for Trex Decking - 100 Linear Feet is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing Trex Deck Boards and now it is 50% faster. FastenMaster Cortex plugs are now available on a collated strip. This minimizes handling and saves valuable time on the job site. The fastener not only delivers high levels of holding power but conceals fasteners for the entire deck including first and last boards, breaker boards, perimeter and stairs. With the TORX ttap Drive System it is almost impossible to strip-out and the fasteners are easily removed. The stability button keeps the fastener straight through the installation process.
The setting tool is industrial grade and enables you to install 350 fasteners on one Cortex setting tool. Cortex is easy-to-use and includes everything needed, including screws, plugs and setting tools.
FastenMaster recommends installing with an 18 volt cordless drill. Impact drivers are not recommended on deck boards made from composite material with or without a capstock.
Note: Pre-drilling is not required throughout the majority of the project. Pre-drilling is required when fastening within 1/2" of the end of a board and at mitered joints. Use a 3/16" drill bit for pre-drilled pilot holes.
- Plugs compatible with Trex Transcend decking and are made from Trex deck boards, ensuring plugs match the color and texture
- Collated Cortex plugs minimizes handling and saves valuable time on the jobsite
- Conceals fasteners for the entire deck, including first and last boards, breaker boards, perimeter and stairs
- Strong connection between deck boards and joists
- TORX ttap Drive System
- Screw length of 2.5"
- Plug dimensions of .25" in diameter and .3" deep
- No pre-drilling needed
- Impact drivers are not recommended on deck boards made from composite material with or without a capstock.
- Includes screws, plugs and setting tool
|Compatible Materials||Trex Transcend Decking|
|Coverage - Linear Feet||100|
|Head Type||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Included Accessories||(224) Screws, (300) Plugs, and (2) Setting Tools|
|Installation Tools Required||Drill with a 1/2” Chuck either Corded or Battery Powered of at Least 18 Volts|
|Length - Inches||2.5|
|Material||Carbon Steel Screws, Trex Deck Board Plugs|
|Number of Plugs||300|
|Number of Screws||224|
|Recommended Spacing||16" OC or Closer|
|Screw Drive Type||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Screw Head Style||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|