Collated Cortex for Trex Decking - 300 Square Feet
Usually Ships in 1-3 Business Days
FastenMaster Collated Cortex for Trex Decking - 300 Square Feet is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing Trex Deck Boards and now it is 50% faster. FastenMaster Cortex plugs are now available on a collated strip. This minimizes handling and saves valuable time on the job site. The fastener not only delivers high levels of holding power but conceals fasteners for the entire deck including first and last boards, breaker boards, perimeter and stairs. With the TORX ttap Drive System it is almost impossible to strip-out and the fasteners are easily removed. The stability button keeps the fastener straight through the installation process.
The setting tool is industrial grade and enables you to install 350 fasteners on one Cortex setting tool. Cortex is easy-to-use and includes everything needed, including screws, plugs and setting tools.
FastenMaster recommends installing with an 18 volt cordless drill. Impact drivers are not recommended on deck boards made from composite material with or without a capstock.
Note: Pre-drilling is not required throughout the majority of the project. Pre-drilling is required when fastening within 1/2" of the end of a board and at mitered joints. Use a 3/16" drill bit for pre-drilled pilot holes.
- Compatible with Trex Transcend Decking
- Collated Cortex plugs minimizes handling and saves valuable time on the jobsite
- Plugs are made from Trex deck boards, ensuring plugs match the color and texture
- Conceals fasteners for the entire deck, including first and last boards, breaker boards, perimeter and stairs
- Strong connection between deck boards and joists
- Screw length of 2-1/2"
- No pre-drilling needed
- TORX ttap Drive System
- Impact drivers are not recommended on deck boards made from composite material with or without a capstock.
- Includes screws, plugs and setting tool
|Compatible Materials||Trex Transcend Deck Board|
|Coverage - Square Feet||300|
|Head Type||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Included Accessories||Includes (1050) Screws, (1200) Plugs, and Setting Tools|
|Installation Tools Required||Drill with a 1/2” Chuck either Corded or Battery Powered of at Least 18 Volts|
|Material||Carbon Steel Screws, Trex Deck Board Plugs|
|Number of Plugs||1200|
|Number of Screws||1050|
|Recommended Spacing||16" OC or Closer|
|Screw Drive Type||#20 TORX ttap|
|Screw Head Style||TORX ttap Drive System|
|Ships to HI/AK||No|