DuPont Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen - 4' x 50'
- 1 roll of 4'x50' DrainVent Rainscreen
- Composed of a three dimensional honeycomb-shaped drainage mesh laminated to a filter-fabric backing
- Provides multi-directional channels for water drainage and airflow behind exterior claddings such as stucco, stone veneer, brick, wood, and fiber cement lap siding or metal panel systems.
- Lays flat and easy to install with 1/2" staples or nails. Rolls tight against corners.
- Qualifies as intervening layer/drainage space for building codes prescribing 2 layers of WRB behind stucco or stone veneer to separate cladding from the WRB
- 3" flap of filter fabric provides an overlap of the lower courses. Can also be used to provide insect screen.
- Creates a 6 mm (.25") gap which helps prevent rot, cracking, and peeling problems by promoting moisture movement and ventilation in wall cavity.
- 90 day UV rating
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Recommended for use with 3" Tyvek tape
Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen provides water drainage and air ventilation to the wall system when installed behind exterior claddings such as stucco, stone veneer, brick, wood and fiber cement lap siding, or metal panel systems. The patent-pending honeycomb design lays flat while providing multi-directional channels for drainage and airflow which is easy to install with 1/2" staples or nails. It also allows for a tight roll around corners.
Each roll contains a 3" flap of filter fabric to provide an overlap of the lower courses of DuPont Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen. The flap can also be folded behind drainage mesh along the bottom of the wall to provide an insect screen. The heavy-duty filter fabric prevents mortar and stucco infiltration and also creates a 6 mm (.25") gap that helps prevent rot, cracking, and peeling problems by promoting moisture movement and ventilation in the wall cavity.
The mold and mildew resistant Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen also qualifies as an intervening layer for building codes prescribing two layers of WRB behind stucco or stone veneer to separate cladding from the WRB. The greater than 100 perms and Class "A" fire rating per ASTM E84 offer peace of mind with peak performance.
|Manufacturer Part Number||4X50DV|
|Appearance||DuPont Tyvek Logo printed on DrainVent|
|Can Be Cut to Length||Yes|
|Code Approval||Class "A" Fire Rating per ASTM E84|
|Compatible Fasteners||Minimum 1/2" Long Corrosion-Resistant Nails or Staples|
|Compatible Materials||Dupont Tyvek Tape|
|Compatible Tools||Utility Knife or Shears/Scissors, Chalk Line (Optional),|
|Coverage (Square Feet)||200|
|Gapping||6 mm (.25")|
|Moisture Vapor Permeance||100|
|Ultraviolet Protection||90 days (3 Months)|
|Warranty||10-year Limited Warranty|
Weights and Dimensions
Reviews & Q&A
Want to learn more? Read product reviews and questions and answers about this product from other customer just like yourself. Have a question? Just click the 'Ask a Question' button and let us know. We'll review your question and post the answer here.